Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

The new year is finally here. It's exciting, scary and amazing at the same time. No one except God knows exactly what the year holds. It's filled with mystery. At midnight of the new year, I said my prayers then I closed my eyes so tightly and I held my pillow so close to my chest. And for a few seconds I was so overwhelmed by the new year. I have so much expectation of it, and it frightened me. And in that moment, God gave me a scripture...
Blessed is the man who trust in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit... Jeremiah 17:7-8.
In that moment I was reminded that all I had to do was to trust in God and expect the best, because that is what He has promised. I held onto that scripture tighter than my pillow. If you are anxious about the new year, don't be, trust in God and He will never let you down. If there are certain things you were hoping for last year that has still not manifested, trust in God still because He is not done. If you have no expectation or plan for 2013, you might get lost. Please expect something wonderful from this new year and plan for it. 2013 is an amazing year, it is beautiful, it is as big and fruitful as your mind can imagine, your heart can believe and your mouth can confess. Are you ready? Take God's hand and Lets do it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment