Thursday 11 April 2013

Commitment






It’s easy to agree to a task or just about anything and get started on it when the initial excitement is there. But what happens after a few weeks, months or even years when the initial feeling that got you to commit wears off? Lots of people find reasons to back out. They say it’s time to move on; this is not for me anymore. I’m not saying that you should not grow and move on from certain things. Change is inevitable, but ensure your life is making positive changes. I’m saying that if there is a commitment in your life that you have made, a commitment to something positive that you have not completed, do not dishonor it. Do not look for easy exits, do not quit. I recently started a healthy and clean living. There are mornings I wake up and do not want to go to the gym but I do it anyways, because I know it is for my own good and I want to grow through this and be healthy. I want to make myself proud. A good commitment will help you build positive habits and help you grow. 

Here’s my suggestion for keeping the commitment fire burning; Re-ignite it very often. Remind yourself why you do this. If you have made a commitment to making your dreams come true every day you wake up remind yourself why you do this. If it is a commitment to a spouse rekindle what you have very often to keep it burning and passionate. Seek mentors to help you, people that have gone down that same road. Seek friends and family to hold you accountable.

When you make a commitment, honor it.

No comments:

Post a Comment