Saturday 29 December 2012

The School of Life

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to be done with school, to finally put away a books and be done with the exams. Now I'm done with the University and I still study, but not for exams (I have none right now), I study to learn. I study my Bible and meditate on the words and God gives me revelation. Revelation is basically having a truth unmasked to you, sometimes the truth is hidden. Studying does not mean just books, it includes observing, listening, probing, meditating and anything else that can help you unravel something new. I'm intrigued by the things that can be discovered if we open our minds to learning. Have you heard the saying "Knowledge is Power"? I Believe that saying to be very true. Knowledge brings growth, it brings experience, it brings confidence. Life is journey, a journey to discovery. We would come across many teachers, they may not necessarily be people, sometimes they are situations, trials etc.  A person that is convinced that he knows everything, is ignorant. There is so much to learn about. So much to discover. Let's be open to learning new things, and be wise enough to discern what is good and what isn't, then we discard the bad and accept the good.
 "Study to shew thyself approved, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"... 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
But remember, all the knowledge in the world is useless if it is not applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment